7/6/05

A Series of Busy-Ass Events (Ass Events!)

Well, after excessive nagging by my regulars, I feel compelled to update my readers on my recent antics. I've been busy with a new job and living/crashing in a new house, so life has been hectic. Life has been a series of events lately, leaving little room for blogging.

Event 1: Packing & Moving. What a bitch it is to pack your apartment, by yourself, with little space to stack things once you have actually packed them into a box. I also had to decide what things needed to come with me to Sammy's and what things I needed to have access to in my storage unit. Luckily, I had a coalition of the willing to help me move. We came, saw, and conquered my belongings, and in a matter of two hours, we had packed everything into the uhaul and unpacked it into my storage unit. Immediately following the move, we went to GJ's for breakfast, then Sammy, Liz C., & I joined Ron and Family at their cabin on a lake in Florence for the night. Unfortunately, the camp-out at the cabin was followed by two four-hour apartment scrubbing sessions. Gross.

Event 2: Moving into Sammy's House. I now live on a sleeping pad in the spare room at my friend Sammy's. Sound lame? Oh, think again. Ten feet from my sleeping area is a hot tub, ready for my use at any time. In the living room there is CABLE, an amenity I have not had in my residence for more than five years. The best feature is Sammy because she kicks ass and is the most awesome ever for letting me squat at her house until I get a job. Unfortunately, Sammy uses her phone line for internet and for phone calls, so I can't crack-out on the internet like I do in my real life, and I don't have much time to blog. I'm also super busy because of my new job (read on).

Event 3: Starting my New Job. The very next day after cleaning was the day I started a full week of training for my summer job as a site director for a city park program. The following Monday rolled around, and we started taking recreation activities to the three parks that are my charge. This is a royal pain in the ass (the traveling around thing) because travel time adds another ninety minutes to my day, plus I have to carpool with my PROGRAM co-worker who is a crazy space cadet. I will post about our daily interactions soon.

Event 4: Brice Creek. We spent the entire 4th of July weekend camping at Brice Creek, which was frekin' awesome because all of my friends are hot and I want to fuck us. And we're so humble too, ha ha. We made awesome food, inhaled too much campfire smoke, jumped off of rocks into frigid water, and patrolled the two dogs that joined us. There was much singing and general merry-making. I can't wait to go camping again... July 22nd is the next free-for-all trip (not to be confused with the second annual dirty old women's weekend on July 15). Be there, bitches!

4 comments:

Miss Clare said...

Am I a good program or a bad program? Just wondering cause you always call me that too and I wanted to make sure I wasnt being put into the same category as the smelly, bewildered hippie.
Come on... I bathe regularly, just forget things instantly... I am more of the Dory type...

Anyways, good luck with the screaming and singing in the car. And why did you get stuck with this guy? Wasnt there another way? I mean come on, hippies hate cars, I think he would be much happier riding his bike to work. *smile*

By the way, thanks for posting, we have missed your entertaining stories. Talk to you later

Sara said...

You are a good program, he is bad. And he's not entirely bad, just a program.

Anonymous said...

It also helps that he's freakin' hot.

Miss Clare said...

Hot?! Post a picture....