1/8/06

Free 411 for Cell Phones

Note- I haven't tried this yet, but I will next time I need to use 411. I'll let you know if it works, or you let me know if you use it and it works (and it's free).

Verified on Snopes

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/nothing/free411.asp



THIS IS GOOD INFORMATION. YOU CAN PROGRAM THE NUMBER INTO YOUR CELL PHONE.

Hi Friends,
Cell phone companies are charging $1.00 or more for 411 / information calls when they don't have to.
When you need to use the 411 / information option, simply dial 1 800 FREE 411, (1 800 373 3411) without incurring a charge at all, except for the minutes required to make the call.

This is information people don't mind receiving - Pass it on.
Works on home phone also.

6 comments:

Copy Editor said...

Hmmmm...

I'll give that a shot. I just used 411 today.

Anonymous said...

I tried it and it totally worked! I was impressed, because I freaking hate using the damn 411 for one dollar, but am apparently also either (a) lazy or (b) spending way to much time in my damn car to effectively use a phonebook. I am thinking it may be option b, or at least I hope. :)

Copy Editor said...

I tried it yesterday and the circuits were busy. I'll give it a shot again.

Anonymous said...

i tried it yesterday twice and it worked both times.

Infused Confusion said...

We miss you in blog land, dearie! Where did Sara go...?

Miss Clare said...

This is for the post above, cause I couldnt figure out the secret code, I must be a robot. Damn, that explains a lot...
Dear God,
You have got to be kidding me...
this can't be legal...
Hey Sara, you dont have to get me anything... Really... Dont worry about it...
*smile*