12/31/04

Happy New Year! Reflection

Happy New Year! Posted by Hello

Last night, a friend called me as part of his personal reflection upon the last year. My initial reaction was to worry that this was one of those John Cusak in High Fidelity “What does it all mean” conversations, which thankfully, it was not. My post-conversation reaction was to reflect on my own life in 2004.

2004 Accomplishments & Events in The World According to Sara:

  • Taught 4th graders about geometry
  • Hooked up with manager from my old job
  • Hiked a lot more
  • Baked a traditional Mardi Gras King Cake
  • Got big fat ticket for having huge Mardi Gras party
  • Quit smoking cigarettes
  • Started drinking more
  • Broke up with manager from my old job
  • Adventured on the beach with Phaedra
  • Hot-tubbed with 15 people at once
  • Learned to play cribbage
  • Taught 3rd graders about supporting evidence
  • Re-hooked up with manager from my old job
  • Moved out of room-mate land and into my own place
  • Graduated from college with honors
  • Attended family reunion
  • Discovered blogging
  • Went to five baseball games
  • Attended weddings of two people I love
  • Camped more during the summer, even with graduate school, than any other year
  • Jumped off of rocks and cliffs
  • Discovered Souza Silver Tequilla
  • Survived thunder, lightening, & hail on Odell lake
  • Made new/connected more with friends: EVAN, Patrick, Robin, Liz C., Sammy, Angeline, Chris
  • Provided feature entertainment at Dirty Old Women’s Weekend
  • Got a big fat ticket for having a fire during Dirty Old Women’s Weekend
  • Finally woke up early enough to attend the Eugene Celebration parade
  • Re-broke up with manager from my old job
  • Learned to control myself following a break up (hint: delete unwanted numbers from cell phone)
  • Went to two football games
  • Got a graduate teaching fellowship
  • Completed student teaching and half of graduate school
  • Dressed like a lobster, college graduate, bar wench, and obnoxious chick at parties
  • Managed without a car for three weeks
  • Saw my best friend who lives across the country twice
  • Told off old boyfriend who left me for Jesus two years ago

But did I learn anything? Did I do anything meaningful? What does it all mean??? Just kidding. I don’t think I need to go in to all of that. It was a great year, a precursor to many even better years that will soon follow. Have a safe and happy night and I’ll see you in 2005!

5 comments:

cmo said...

hey sara wanna drive around and count dead things?

Mr. Burns said...

I noticed I wasn't on the list of "made new/connected with old friends." I feel very unloved.

Sara said...

Please see ammendment to previous posted. Changes highlighted in red.

Mr. Burns said...

Sweet. Now that's more like it

Sara said...

Transcript of Emails with the staff of the Burns Report:

Burns Report Staff Wrote:

Thank you for responding to Evan Burns' comment on your weblog, [weblog name here]. As you can well imagine, Evan receives so many responses to his comments on [weblog name here], that he can't possibly respond to each and every one of them personally. Evan Burns encourages you to continue responding to his comments, though. Thank you again.


World According to Sara Staff Wrote:

On behalf of the staff of "The World According to Sara" I would like to apologize profusely for our gross oversight of your name from the posting, "Happy New Year! Reflection," dated January 30, 2004. Please note the changes made to said posting in light of your comment. To compensate you for this inconvenience, we'd like to offer you one free "Evan Gives the Thumbs-Up" print. We hope you will accept our sincere apology and will continue to read our publication.

:-)