11/12/06

Three Degrees of Separation Between My Cribbage Friend and I, Discovered Via Message in a Bottle

Okay, so you remember my cribbage friend Frank, the one I met playing yahoo cribbage, and how he lives in Oahu?

So I'm on his myspace reading his blog post about a friend who, while home for his WEDDING near CARLTON OREGON came upon a bottle with a message in it. The bottle was four years old and from a young girl in Yamhill. His friend goes home to Oahu and responds to it, pretending to be a 16 year old boy from Hawaii. He sends the letter, and the media finds out, prompting a news story and several other news stations to pick up the story and contact his friend. All this I learned from Frank's myspace post, "I Laughed So Hard I Almost Crapped my Pants" as well as the video that is posted on it.

Then I read the next post on his blog, which describes the news stations calling Frank's friend, who mistakenly gave his real address, and in the end had to confess to the interviewer that he was really a 34 year old guy trying to give a girl a nicer letter response than "I found your bottle a mile away in the same creek." I read this and watched the video on the post, only to realize that I recognized the photos of his friend's wedding, including the BRIDGE over A CREEK on which they were standing. To see the post and video, click here.

So, the guy who found the bottle was Tom, ANGELENE's sister Khara's now husband, and the bridge in the picture was in Angelene's parents' backyard in Carlton. This was such a strange connection to a friend I have never met, only online, and the way we met had nothing to do with any of these people or places. Totally tripped out.

1 comment:

Frank said...

It's amazing how small this world is!

p.s. thanks for the plugs