1/29/07

They found me.

Checking my email this morning was mostly uneventful...one from Liz about meals for the cabin, some REI specials, a blog comment, and a whole slew of myspace comments and invitations.

Then I read one of them more carefully.

A former student has invited me to be her myspace friend.

???????????????????????????????

Thoughts passing through my head:
1. This child is in 5th grade and on Myspace?
2. Thankfully, my profile is private and can't be read unless she is my friend
3. Thankfully I changed my profile picture from the one where I was drunkenly swaggering while holding a PBR can (see my blogger profile)

Goodbye, Internet anonymity. Hello, heightened security in what is already a pretty private life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. God. That is my worst fear. Are you going to respond, or just ignore her? What a conundrum... I am so curious about how you handle this; maybe then I can be prepared should this ever happen to me!

Liz said...

YIKES!!!!

Anonymous said...

Woa. What kind of nerdy kid wants to add their teacher to their MySpace friends anyway? Dump the loser.

Mr. Burns said...

What happens when your students find this webpage?