9/1/05

Hot Glue

Here's a little classroom annecdote for you already...the stupidity reflected here is mine and mine alone, and you will laugh at my expense. I give you permission.

Yesterday I was hot-gluing tiny pieces of velcro onto a chart that my students will use to check in as they arrive to school. Just as I put glue on a piece and picked it up, ready to stick it to the chart, I had to sneeze. So I put it down and quicky moved my and to my mouth to cover the sneeze. The little velcro piece (covered in hot glue) had attached itself to my thumb by the little strings of glue that glue gun makes when you release the trigger. The hot glue landed on my upper lip and firmly attached itself. So yes, I burnt my lip with hot glue.

I now have a nasty looking burn on my lip. And I meet parents today. Here are some reasons I could tell to explain it:
- Leprocy
- Herpes
- Cold Sore
- The real story
- Or I could just not say anything and let people make up their own stories

Gross. Oh well, it doesn't hurt as bad today, and I might be able to cover it with makeup.

1 comment:

Copy Editor said...

ha ha ha ha. Sara, I laugh only because that sounds like something that would have happened to me. Except with me, the velcro piece would also have attached, leaving me to walk around with velcro glued to my face.

The first day of 8th grade I had to tell everyone how I got my brand-new shiny black-eye. The truth? The dog did it. What I told people who didn't believe the dog did it? Baseball accident.