8/30/05

Quick Update from Salem

Hi everyone! Things are going well here in Salem, although I just got my internet hooked up today, so I am behind with blogging, emailing, etc. I'll update sooner than later, probably by the end of the week. Jo asked about school and how things are going...Here are five things I LOVE about my new school/living situation:

1. It is a new building, so everthing is beautiful and high tech. I have four computers (plus one teacher computer) in my room, and my I.D. badge opens the doors.

2. The staff is AWESOME and they are all very helpful, not to mention upbeat and kind. My principal is fantastic...very funny and easy going. You can tell she has not lost sight of the purpose of her job.

3. Budget...I got a $400 budget for my classroom supplies, which is virtually unheard of these days. My classroom is looking awesome! I'll post pictures when I get my camera up and running again. I'm also getting paid pretty darn well compared to other districts in the state.

4. Curriculum: The math program is investigations, which rocks. The reading program is the one I used when student teaching, so I am familiar with it.

5. MY HOUSE! I found a kick ass three bedroom house five minutes from school that is a STEAL! I have so much space it's ridiculous. I have a bedroom, guestroom, office, huge living room, garage, and huge front and back yards.

Well, that's all you get for now. I'm in a hurry and must run (without spell checking...sorry!). I'll see a lot of you at the River House this weekend. If you have any questions or need to deviate at all from the plan, please keep me informed. Thanks!

2 comments:

Infused Confusion said...

I'm so very, very happy for you Sara :)

YOU DESERVE IT!!!!

Miss Clare said...

Wow... the house sounds pretty Awsome... How much of a steal is it? I never emagined you'd be able to have a three bedroom... So way to go on that one...

And so sorry to hear about your glue accident... I have seen glue attempts go horribly wrong myself. My sister is famous for super gluing her thumb to her forehead... She did it as a joke and then realized it was really stuck. You could imagine the look on her high school teacher's face when she quietly walked to the front of the room to get some help... Everyone just kept saying, "Corky, Again? How did you... I don't even want to know..."

So from there she had to sit in the office, with her hand glued to her forehead, and all of her friends walking by... She tried to play it off like she was only there for a headache, but everyone knew...

So at least you dont have a glue gun attached to your face... But on the brighter side, if you did, you wouldnt have to lable it since you would know exactly where it was at all times...

take some pics, we can't wait.