8/18/05

Job Search Status























So....Here's what's happening with my job search (also known as NOTHING):
  • Springfield, 5th Grade: Not offered the position
  • Village School, 5th/5th Grade Loop: Not offered the position
  • Newberg, 4th Grade: Not offered the position
  • Hillsboro, 6th Grade: Declined consideration because I didn't like the school
  • Coos Bay, 4th Grade: Not offered the position
  • Wilsonville, 2nd Grade: Didn't call back (and therefore not offered the position)
  • Salem, 4th Grade ESOL: Decision pending
  • Scio, 4th/5th/6th Grade Blend: Interview on Monday
  • Springfield, 4th Grade: Hoping for an interview
  • Creswell, 5th Grade: Hoping for an interview
  • Corvallis, 3rd Grade: Hoping for an interview
  • Albany, 4th Grade: Hoping for an interview
  • Eugene: Not holding my breath

And that's the story. Yay.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:(

Hillsboro, 6th Grade: Declined consideration because I didn't like the school

Were they racist or something?

Sara said...

1. The population was more than 60% Spanish speaking, and I don't have the skills to teach that many non-native speakers of English...I have the skills to teach a handfull in a regular classroom.

2. The classroom was the size of my bedroom. Okay, exageration, but it was TINY and the school was way over crowded.

3. Because it was so overcrowded, the classroom was in a trailer building outside of the school that had no access to water and was pretty far from the gym, cafeteria, etc.

4. It was sixth grade. I don't really want to teach sixth grade unless it is in a lower grade level blend, like 5/6.

On the positive side...
The principal I have worked with with student teaching and my GTF position got a reference check from the Salem people, which usually indicates something good.

Please don't anyone tell me, "Don't worry, you'll get it." As much as I would love to hear that, I might not, and I keep getting let down, so I have to keep a little more neutral.

:-) I love you all, my wonderful supporters. And good luck on your interview today, Robin!

Liz said...

Well you'll get something I know it!! Oh and funny story, apparently I got called for a sub job in September for a 4J school, my Grandma wasn't sure which one, but I guess I made the sub list...hope they don't drop me because I'm gone till Dec.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sara!

Don't worry, you've got it!!!!!