8/19/05

I Got a Job!

You are now reading the blog of an official 4th grade teacher!!! This is a picture of my school.

I got the job in Salem and I start on August 29th. The first day is a 1/2 day new teacher inservice, and the second day is a staff meeting that is also 1/2 day. I'll have those two afternoons (plus any time I spend at night or next week), then my students will come to meet me on Thursday at 1:00. Yikes! So exciting!

I quit my job early, so my last day is Tuesday. On Wednesday morning I'm heading up to Salem to stay at my friend Ally's house and accomplish the following missions: (1) Bring all of my teacher stuff to my classroom, (2) Find a house to live in, and (3) Figure out what the heck I'm going to do with a class of nine and ten year old students! By that I mean plan the first two weeks or so.

This is so exciting, but mostly overwhelming. If anyone is interested in assisting me with classroom set-up, I need it when you can give it! I'll be working in my classroom next Wednesday-Friday, then the afternoons of the 29th & 30th. Call me!! My cell will stay the same.

I'm also looking for people to help me move next weekend, on Saturday (August 27th I think).

P.S. I haven't had time to write to everyone, but don't forget that RIVER HOUSE WEEKEND is coming up!!!!! It's labor day weekend (friday night through monday morning).

5 comments:

Liz said...

Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah!!!!!! I'm proud of you, and of course when I get home I guess I'll be making lots of trips to Salem now :)

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Sara!!! So exciting! You'll be awesome!
-maja

Mr. Burns said...

Yay Sara!

Copy Editor said...

YAY!!!!! Congrats Sara. You started today. How was it???