6/12/05

Don't Label Me!

(click to enlarge) Posted by Hello

Amy F. once told me that I reminded her of Monica on 'Friends,' the time when she starts freaking out about having a baby in her apartment..."What if the baby gets into the ribbon rawer?!! What if the baby has so much stuff that we can't have a ribbon drawer!!!!????"

What can I say? I don't have a ribbon drawer, but I LOVE school supplies, I love rubber-maid boxes and storage bins, and I love organizing. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE my label maker (Monica says, "You call three hours with my label maker work? Ha!"). But last night, I put it to good use at Liz's graduation party by making it a party favor.

And now it's time for a breakdown (From top left to bottom right):

  • Canadian. Phaedra was singing a Bryan Adams song on karaoke...You know it's true...
  • 99 bottles of beer on the wall - 10 down, 89 to go. This was Steve's running tally. He got to fifteen before I drove us home and he crashed on my couch.
  • Sexy Thing. Guess what song Lisa was singing?
  • New Paragraph, Indent. If you know the tale of dirty old women's weekend, you get this.
  • Scooter's Girlfriend. Celeste.
  • Wanna make out? Worn by all the girls at the party. Remeber, according to my recent study of social behavior, the use of said phrase has a 95% return rate.
  • Scooter. Note- by some straws coincidence, the two scooter references are not related, and Rachel is not, in fact, Celeste's boyfriend.
  • Yes, my rib is broken and no, I do not have TB. Ah, the perceptions that arise over a person who holds her rib in place and puts her head down by her feet while coughing violently.
  • Twinkle toes. A name most recently credited to her pointed ballet toes while singing karaoke on Friday night. She also stands and sways very well.
  • Aaatraaayuuu! Come on, don't tell me you've never seen the Never Ending Story.
  • Are you nineteen? Wanna make out? In reference to the boyfriends of yester-month.
  • College: The best seven years of my life. This is usually a joke...Not for me! I just completed year seven.

And one last piece of wisdom from Monica, for all you graduates:

"Welcome to the real world. It sucks. You're gonna love it."

No comments: