3/31/05

Hire Us!

Ladies all gussied up for the job fair Posted by Hello

Here we are, all dressed up and ready to divide & conquer the job fair.

Kellyclare, Stacy, Nicole, Katie and I went to the Oregon Professional Educators Fair on Wednesday to pass out resumes, meet school district representatives, and interview with prosepective employers. The day was long, starting with rolling out of bed at 6:30, arriving to the fair at 8:20, and leaving after 4:00. I met with eight districts that I would be willing to work for. They are, in order of priority: Springfield, Eugene 4J, South Lane, Bethel, Salem, Albany, Corvallis, and Forest Grove. I also had screening interviews with Eugene and Salem, as well as a promise of a call for an interview from Forest Grove, although I don't necessarily want to work there.

Katie is moving to Arizona, a state that really needs teachers, so she was offered two (secretly 2.5) jobs on that day! Kellyclare and Nicole both interviewed with Hawaii, the state where they are from. Stacy is going to finish up school at the end of next fall, so she was doing job search research and getting information about substituting after she finishes up.

Wish me luck as I finish up all of my applications over the weekend!

17 comments:

cmo said...

AWWWW look at you... all grown up! Hey- you should get a job where all you do is comment on blogs.

Sara said...

I'd be good at that job!

Sara said...

I'd be good at that job!

Copy Editor said...

Chris, I don't have a job right now.

Want to hire me to comment on your blog? I'll say witty, un-angry, somewhat impartial things if you want me to.

Sara -- You all look so nice! Good luck. Bethel's a tough district to work in, but there are some great kids there.

Infused Confusion said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cmo said...

Jo-

I was saying that because it's basically what I do, and Sara likes to make fun of me for it. She has no heart, I tell you...

Copy Editor said...

Don't get me started on the Bethel reading program. Then there's the stupid Bethel Math Assesment test. It would be a good district for you, I think. The kids could use new, young, enthusiastic teachers.

Chris --

I'm sorry if Sara makes fun of you. The offer to let you pay me to comment on your blog still stands.

Patrick --

Your comments have been particularly witty lately. Welcome Back!

Anonymous said...

girls number 1 and three are HOT! no really...i am in love! girl 1 is my dream!

cmo said...

Ok, the going rate is 17 cents per comment, or .5 cents per word, which ever is less. I will then re-sell them for a 200% markup. (Just going with the Wal-Mart theme we've been having, I want to do business like them.)

Sara said...

Chris: I only make fun of you because of Carl Jung's shadow theory, which states that we treat people extremely based on the qualities of ourselves that are mirrored in them. Therefore, since I am a comment-aholic, I am more likely to make fun of you for doing the same because I am projecting my own inadequacies upon you. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Anonymous: I'll have you know that each and every girl in that picture is hotter than anyone you can ever dream of. And of course you dream of me...I am the concrete manifestation of lust. I am walking sex. Don't you wish.

Miss Clare said...

Wow guys,
This is intense! I loved the survey... I am torn, Ted Bundy or Sara, I'll have to think about that one. That is so cool... and Sara, brovo for the Kareoke score.. don't forget next Thursday, free drinks for everyone!

Sara said...

Kellyclare is referring to her 21st birthday, which is two weeks from today. We're going to go out at midnight on Thursday, the day before, to celebrate. All are welcome!!!

Anonymous said...

Sara!
Albany above Corvallis??? Really??? good luck :) -maja

Sara said...

Don't worry Maja- If I move somewhere that sucks (i.e., corvallis, salem, albany) it will only be for a year while I try to get hired back in Eugene.

Sara said...

Plus, I'd apply to Portland but they're closing 5 schools and laying off 300 teachers there this year, so chances are slim. I'm not even going to bother.

Miss Clare said...

I forgot to smile, take it again... : )
You should put some on from the birthday sceen.

Sara said...

Not sure what you're talking about...