3/4/05

Hobbits

Good news for all you role-play, sci-fi people that can't distinguish between fiction and reality! The distinction is becoming more vague, so dress in renaissance garb, grab your staff and dagger, and pray to your goddess! And don't forget the Magic cards!

´Hobbit was a smart little human` say scientists
"The team had found the remains of seven tiny people, including one nearly complete skull of a 30-year-old woman. They dubbed the fossils homo floresiensis. "

"The scientific community took to calling it the Hobbit after the diminutive characters in J.R.R. Tolkien's books. LB1, a female, measures at just 1 meter in height and has some surprisingly advanced features which negate an earlier theory that it was a diseased human being. "

Click here for the Article, from EarthTimes.org

5 comments:

Copy Editor said...

Ok, so this has nothing to do with this post (which by the way, is really interesting), but I just noticed your link to Tomato Nation.

I LOVE Tomato Nation. I thought I was the only person I knew who reads it. Sweet.

Sara said...

I actually got the link from you! I happened upon it one day when reading your blog and couldn't stop reading. She is so funny. I was literally laughing out loud. Very little writing makes me laugh aloud.

Copy Editor said...

Oh. Well then I'm glad I could help. :)

I laugh aloud at her writing too. I like when she talks about her cats, because I relate.

You should check out the other sites she's affiliated with.

She's the co editor-in-cheif of www.televisionwithoutpity.com, which is recaps (very funny ones) of TV shows and also message boards. Half the TV shows I really like, I don't even really watch -- I just go there and read the recap.

The other co-editor of that site runs www.hissyfit.com which is just a funny blog.

And finally -- check out www.thisisnotover.com, which they helped create. It's a good political blog where I get lots of the links I use for the things I write.

Miss Clare said...

Back to the munchkins.... there is a National Geographic site on the little hobbit people. It has basically the same information but it has some pictures as well.... so here ya go...
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/10/photogalleries/homo_floresiensis_1/index.html

Sara said...

Thanks KC. Wow, those skulls are small.