3/22/05

What did I do for Spring Break?

Spring Break, Visiting Mom & Dad Posted by Hello

After Phaedra's party, I drove to my mom's house in Timber, Oregon. Don't worry, you won't know where it is. My grandparents were there to visit us on their way through to their house in Alaska. My Aunt Alice came with them as well, which was nice because I might end up moving to Portland for a teaching job and it was good to keep her in the loop. After they all left at around 6, mom and I made sushi and watched a depressing romantic war movie called Head in the Clouds. Charlize Theron is so cute and bouncy, so she made the movie good, but it truly was depressing.

When I woke up the next morning, I drove 45 minutes to my dad's River House. For the second time in under a year, I arrived to a meal being cooked for me, which was fan-fucking-tastic. Dad was making "Sam's Specialty," a potato-omlette creation that he's been making since I can remember. While I was there we did some gardening, started a River House blog (read it!), watched a couple of movies, including the Village, which was pretty weird and didn't end in a way that we were okay with. It really seemed to drag on and on, but that might have also been due to the fact that we were trying to watch it on Dad's laptop, hooked into the TV. It didn't have enough memory to run the large movie size, so it kept shutting down and we had to re-start the movie over and over. Hmm, Patrick, Robin, & Evan...Remind you of a time?

That was my Spring break fun! Now it's time to crack down and finish all of the job search stuff I couldn't concentrate on during the term. I'd better get started too, because I've found a number of great distractions that could help me procrastinate. I hope the spring break travelers are having fun!!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'll write about these later. Forgot until now, and now I'm too tired. Wah, I know.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Evan! Time to get a GROWN-UP wireless card!! :)